Effective Date: 7th of January, 2019
Who and what this policy applies to
- The policy applies to all forms of information, physical and digital, whether collected or stored electronically or in hardcopy.
- We handle data in our own right and also for and on behalf of our customers and users.
- If, at any time, an individual provides data or other information about someone other than himself or herself, the individual warrants that they have that person’s consent to provide such information for the purpose specified.
- Open is not available to children (persons under the age of 18 years).
When you use our Website, we collect and store your personal information which is provided by you from time to time. This allows us to provide services and features that most likely meet your needs, and to customize our Website to make your experience safer and easier. We collect personal information from you that we consider necessary for achieving this purpose.
Open respects the privacy of its Users and is committed to protect such privacy as detailed herein. In addition, you may encounter "cookies" or other similar device on a web page. These are data collection devices to help analyze our web flow and measure promotional effectiveness. "Cookies" are small files placed on your hard drive that assist Open in providing services to you and giving you information targeted to your interests. Most cookies are session cookies, meaning that they are automatically deleted from your hard drive at the end of a session. You are always free to decline a cookie if your browser permits.
Once you create account (register) on Website and give us your personal information, you are not anonymous to us. Where possible, we indicate which fields are required and which fields are optional. If you are unable to provide the information we need, we may not be able to provide you with the product or service you have requested.
The information that we collect from you would include:
- Personal identity information such as name, date of birth, residential status, postal address, e-mail address, mobile number, PAN details etc.
- Information which would help determine your eligibility to avail the services offered by Open.
- Information which would help Open process applications made by you for the use of services offered by Open
- Any other information that Open is required to collect as per specific mandate from any bank/NBFC or as a requirement applicable as per the legal rules in India
- In addition to above, for mobile app: any other information that Open is required to collect in order to provide smooth mobile experience, including but not limited to SMS access for auto- OTP verification, camera/gallery/contacts access, for various functionalities within the app.
Information Sharing and disclosure to third partie
Open provides service aggregation through its Website. In view of this, disclosure of your information may be required by us to provide you access to Our services, to comply with our legal obligations, to prevent, detect, mitigate, and investigate fraudulent or illegal activities related to our services. We do not disclose your personal information to third parties except in accordance with the terms contained herein.
- We may disclose personal information if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide our services. We shall retain and use the information collected by us as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes or for other business purposes. If you cancel/ deactivate/ unsubscribe your account with us, we are not under any obligation to retain your information. However, we may retain your information for twelve (12) months after you cancel/ deactivate/ unsubscribe your account with us, as our business practice.
You are aware of all security risks, including possible third-party interception of any of your transactions and statements of account on the internet and the content of your transactions or statements of account becoming known to third parties. You agree and undertake that you shall not hold Open liable therefore in any way. The use and storage of any information, including without limitation, the credit card number, PIN, password, account information, transaction activity, account balances and any other information available on your internet access device or computer or mobile phone is at your own risk and responsibility. You furthermore acknowledge and accept that Open may not encrypt all content or communications from and to your website(s).
Links to other sites
- Links to third-party advertisements, third-party websites or any third party electronic communication service may be provided on the Website which are operated by third parties and are not controlled by, or affiliated to, or associated with, Open unless expressly specified on the Website.
You hereby agree that the application and copies of all documents submitted by you are and shall remain the sole and exclusive property of Open, and Open shall not be obliged to return the same to you upon your request. Any unauthorized access to the Website is a breach of these terms and a violation of the law. You agree not to access the Website by any means other than through the interface that is provided by Open.
- is clear and easily accessible and provide statements of policies and practices Open with respect to the Information;
- provides for the various types of personal or sensitive personal data of information to be collected;
- provides for the purposes of collection and usage of the Information;
- provides for disclosure of Information; and
- provides for reasonable security practices and procedures.
If you have any questions, you may write to Open Customer Support at email@example.com